Why Event Managers are useful in a Zombie Apocalypse
1. Event Project Managers are calm and un-flappable in a crisis. In fact we feel quite comfortable to be the stillness in the middle of a tornado of chaos, where time slows down to us, but in the blink of an eye we have carefully worked though all the possible solutions to our current issue, and picked one!
2. We are imaginative and resourceful, with budgets, venue layouts, conference content to everything in-between, the whole shebang!
3. We are planners by profession and we love to plan. We love lists, and check lists, and functions sheets, and production schedules. We love spread sheets and data that goes on for days. And most of all we love making sense of it all, sorting it and turning it into usable logistical plans.
4. We can see things from all angles and we consider all outcomes. How does this action relate to the audience, the speakers, the entertainers, our client, our sponsors, our partners, our venue, our AV team, our flight and travel agents. It’s a strategic overview that is needed to bring it all together.
5. We’re nit-pickers, pedantic and fussy. As the saying goes “the devil is in the detail” and we aim to get the little things right, to make the big thing the best we can.
6. We are so used to LastMinute.Com changes, we don’t even bat an eye lid. We’ll remain in control and execute your request seamlessly.
7. We’re multi-taskers, focussing on many things at the same time (which is why we need lists of lists!) – we’re able to jump from a meeting on guest communications, to a meeting on the stage build and lighting.
8. We are great communicators and we’re used to communicating with a variety of individuals and personalities, from the creative team to the accountant, from the lighting tech to the florist.
9. We’re translators and interpreters - we can take client objectives and translate them into speaker briefs, we can take your brands essence and translate it into your gala dinner menu. We’re intuitive decoders.
10. We’re team players, we plan and execute, on time and on budget, with our network of trusted suppliers. One step at a time, one day at a time. It doesn’t matter who gets the credit, as long as the client is happy.
11. We put safety first, always. The wellbeing of our audience, our client and our suppliers is of the utmost importance, we plan, think, solve, secure. Worldwide pandemic, no problem. We can put procedures in place to ensure an “uneventful” event when it comes to health and safety.
12. We’re the first to arrive and the last to leave. We are used to long days and sore feet and working hard.
13. We do it all with a smile on our face, because we’re doing what we love. Some call us bossy, but we feel like rock stars.
.. and that’s where we’ll leave it, at ‘lucky’ number 13, because all Event Project Managers know it’s not about being lucky or unlucky but rather about creating your own luck through great planning and execution! Zombies don't stand a chance!